Ford Fokus>> Brake system>> Removal of air from brake system
At removal of air from brake system apply always only new brake liquid DOT-4 ESD-M6C57A and the pure transparent polymeric hose established on the valve for removal of air. At operation on removal of air the assistant is required to you. Air removal spend on an equal platform. During all process constantly support level of a brake liquid in a feeding tank on a mark "move". The index float should not fall more low min at all. Pay attention to that the brake liquid has not got on a paint and varnish covering. If it has occurred, immediately wash out pure water the damaged surfaces, differently a varnish can grow dull.
Air removal spend in the following sequence:
- Remove a contact socket on a cover of a feeding tank and turn away a cover;
- Remove грязезащитные caps from the valve and clear it;
Fig. 284. Removal of air from a hydrodrive of brake system
- Put on a hose the valve and the free end of a hose lower in capacity with a small amount of a brake liquid (fig. 284
- Press a brake pedal, having asked about it the assistant, and turn away the valve approximately on 2 turns so that the brake liquid has started to leave, and close it when the pedal will concern a floor after that a pedal quickly release;
- Make a pause, approximately 3 with, and repeat process until vials of air will cease to leave a hose and there will be a pure brake liquid;
- Wrap the valve, remove a hose and add a brake liquid in a feeding tank to a maximum level;
- Similarly remove air from brake mechanisms of other wheels;
- Fill feeding tank, wrap a cover and attach a contact socket;
- Check up working capacity of brake system during a trial trip.