Ford Fokus>> Engines>> Compression gauging
In the end of a compression step, after ignition of a working mix, in the combustion chamber the high pressure is formed. Pistons and piston rings, sleeves of cylinders, valves, saddles of valves, маслосъемные caps, and also a lining of a head of the block in an engine operating time are exposed to high temperature and mechanical influence. Bad start-up of the cold engine, its unstable work, the raised expense of fuel and engine oil, too white or blue colour of the fulfilled gases, an engine heat, increase of toxicity of the fulfilled gases or capacity fall all it testifies to presence of malfunction of your engine. цилиндропоршневой groups of the engine you should make each 60 000 km of run for condition check compression gaugings in cylinders. This requirement is valid both for petrol, and for diesel engines.
If you have established that the maximum value of a compression between two last gaugings has fallen, it yet is not a subject for anxiety. It is important to define average size of a compression in each cylinder which should not be less than maximum permissible size. Size reduction копрессии can be caused following reasons: the reasons:
- Deterioration of pistons or piston rings;
- закоксовывание flutes under the piston rings, caused by adjournment of products of burning in проточках for piston rings;
- Ovality of cylinders;
- Occurrence of the rests of products of burning in the form of a crust on cores or saddles of valves;
- Mechanical damage of the valve;
- Burn-out of the valve because of small thermal backlashes of valves.