Ford Fokus>> Engines>> The basic checks of details and engine knots>> Radial backlash between loose leaves of radical bearings and necks of a cranked shaft
Fig. 155. Backlash definition between loose leaves of radical bearings and necks of a cranked shaft
You can measure a radial backlash between loose leaves of radical bearings and necks of a cranked shaft the special tool for measurement of backlashes in bearings of sliding in the form of a plastic thread (fig. 155
). Thus measured details should be without oil.
Backlash measurement spend in the following sequence:
- Put a piece of a plastic thread on the loose leaf in the block of cylinders along an axis;
- Establish a cranked shaft in the block of cylinders;
- Establish a cover corresponding to the checked bearing, and tighten bolts of fastening of a cover the necessary moment. Thus it is not supposed to strike on a cover and to turn a shaft;
- Turn away bolts of fastening of a cover and remove it;
- Put a template to the flattened out thread, its width will correspond to backlash size;
- Repeat process with all other bearings.